North East Avalanches
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

North East Avalanches

A place for all Avalanche/EXT Lovers in the northeast to connect and talk trucks.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Waz made it here.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Waz

Waz made it here. Empty
PostSubject: Waz made it here.   Waz made it here. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 7:32 pm

Just stopping in to say hey.

Hey.

Now that I said that, I guess it's time to look around and see what's going on.

Right now we're at the campground in Cape May for the last time this year. The campground is closing for the year and we'll be taking the trailer home to winterize it.

Have fun and see you around.
Back to top Go down
Troublemaker

Waz made it here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waz made it here.   Waz made it here. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 9:25 pm

Waz!

Hey, I took that cover thing off the blower motor trying to locate that resister pack. For some reason, I think there may be 2 resistor packs, but not sure. After taking the cover off, I found one sensor thing with a connector with 3 wires on it - I think they were accessory, input, and ground. Then there were 2 wires (black and purple) that go to the blower motor itself.

Is that the right sensor? I took it out, and it looks like there's a heat sink on it. The other sensor is a bit harder to remove since I have a center console...
Back to top Go down
Waz

Waz made it here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waz made it here.   Waz made it here. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 7:44 pm

Hey TM,

Let me guess, you have the automatic climate control? The ones I've looked at were lesser systems with the red bars for heat and blue bars for cooling.

Let me look around a bit and see if I can confirm your description.

Right now Wayne and I both have either a strong cold or some sort of flue. If I'm right, I might have just busted mine (started Friday and just now I feel warm for the first time since Friday morning.) So if I run out of steam and don't find anything tonight, I hope you understand.
Back to top Go down
AvyPrncss
Admin
Admin

Waz made it here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waz made it here.   Waz made it here. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 8:17 pm

Umm so I may be the only one but I am not completely sure who you are... Can we get a little more of an introduction?
Back to top Go down
http://www.northeastavalanches.com
Troublemaker

Waz made it here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waz made it here.   Waz made it here. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 8:34 pm

avyprncss wrote:
Umm so I may be the only one but I am not completely sure who you are... Can we get a little more of an introduction?

Crystal... you're not missing much... lol! lol!

Just kidding.... Waz is one of the regulars at Mastori's... this past GTG, he shows up in a Mercedes, and also failed to finish his meal... mostly because he was talking about the Mercedes the whole time... myself and Wazbro (his brother) finished our food no problem... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Enkei

Enkei

Waz made it here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waz made it here.   Waz made it here. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 6:56 pm

Two great guys.. Just gotta get Wazbro on here too...... cheers
Back to top Go down
AvyPrncss
Admin
Admin

Waz made it here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waz made it here.   Waz made it here. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 8:02 pm

Troublemaker wrote:
avyprncss wrote:

Crystal... you're not missing much... lol! lol!

Just kidding.... Waz is one of the regulars at Mastori's... this past GTG, he shows up in a Mercedes, and also failed to finish his meal... mostly because he was talking about the Mercedes the whole time... myself and Wazbro (his brother) finished our food no problem... Twisted Evil

Ok well that being said maybe we can get more of an intro to who Waz is since not all of us here have been to Mastori's.
Back to top Go down
Troublemaker

Waz made it here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waz made it here.   Waz made it here. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 9:05 pm

I'd have to let him do an intro though. It's hard to describe someone to someone else when they've never met...
Back to top Go down
AvyPrncss
Admin
Admin

Waz made it here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waz made it here.   Waz made it here. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 9:26 pm

That was kinda what I was hinting at. LOL
Back to top Go down
KevMack
Admin
Admin
KevMack

Waz made it here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waz made it here.   Waz made it here. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 9:33 pm

Waz made it here. 632172
Back to top Go down
Waz

Waz made it here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waz made it here.   Waz made it here. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 12:37 pm

Well, my real name is Wes or Wesley.
I own a 2004 base 2wd Avalanche, Silver Birch Metallic, with caldding.

As TM has pointed out my brother and I (Wazbro or Wayne) bought a 1991 Mercedes that we spent the last couple of months replacing the engine and getting it road worthy. At the Mastori's GTG I had to talk about the car because we spent so much time working on it, I didn't have anything else to talk about.

I tow a 32' Airstream trailer with my AV. We keep it in an Airstream campground in Cape May county from May-Oct. It does venture out once in a while during the summer.

I have HPTuners for my AV and have tuned 4 vehicles with HPT. Nothing to adventurous, they are all stock except for the tunes. I will say I haven't screw any of them up.

My AV mods are almost entirely unseen. As in nothing flashy just functional. I setup a laptop to run in the AV with a remote monitor that can be stowed in less then a minute so you'd never know there was a computer in the AV. Since we got a cheap TomTom I don't have the computer in the AV much.

Other mods, Vent visors, aftermarket head unit, changed the steering wheel to the factory one with buttons, Denali cluster, remote tailgate and saddlebag locks, auxiliary trans cooler, class V hitch, electric trailer brake controller, and a few other things that have been there so long they don't stand out at the moment.

Now for me, short fat and old. We 5'7" 235# (I lost 20# working on the Mercedes) if people try to guess my weight they say 180-200# and 44 years old. Oh and a lot of gray hair, it started turning gray when I was 16. A beard and mustache, no glasses, yet. A very korny sense of humor, if you don't grown when I tell a joke, your being kind. I grew up on a farm, we raised cattle, pigs, goats, chickens, and ducks. Mostly for ourselves. Collecting hay from the field sucks!!! It's always hot and you get covered in grass and hay seeds, then you go into the barn and it gets really hot with no air circulation. I was the stacker, catch and place for hours. And then there was the fire wood. Most of my childhood weekends were spent cutting down trees, cutting up the logs, splitting then and stacking. I still have popeye forearms.

OK, I've got to get back to work now.
Back to top Go down
Waz

Waz made it here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waz made it here.   Waz made it here. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 2:35 pm

Oh yeah, I don't type well either. So if something doesn't read quite right. I screwed up or missed a few letters that spell checking wouldn't even catch.

See, I didn't even spell "screwed" right.

Last edited by Waz on Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublemaker

Waz made it here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waz made it here.   Waz made it here. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 6:26 pm

Waz wrote:
Oh yeah, I don't type well either. So if something doesn't read quite right. I srewed up or missed a few letters that spell checking wouldn't even catch.

If you're like me, you see all those little red underline things, and the word looks correct, so you just say "add to dictionary" and now your dictionary is full of misspelled words!
Back to top Go down
Waz

Waz made it here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waz made it here.   Waz made it here. I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 2:48 pm

tartan terror wrote:
Hey Wes!! Glad you made here. Been a while dude.

You for got to tell her you call the trailer the Silver Twinkie!!!! LOL

Scotty!!!
So I did.
That also makes the Airstream park Twinkie Town.
In the winter, it's a frosted twinkie. (I told you my jokes get growns.)

I really was bummed about missing the LI camping GTG this year. Then almost everyone else missed it too, which made me feel bad for Mike. We had a great time at the first one. If that ever happens again, I'll do everything I can to make it. Maybe even get a tent to hang out closer to everyone else (and hope for no rain). That would make the drive in a little easier then with a trailer. (Cheaper on tolls too.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Waz made it here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waz made it here.   Waz made it here. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Waz made it here.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
North East Avalanches :: New Members :: Introductions-
Jump to: