North East Avalanches
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

North East Avalanches

A place for all Avalanche/EXT Lovers in the northeast to connect and talk trucks.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EXT rear bumper cover

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
OLD NO.7 Avalanche
Admin
Admin
OLD NO.7 Avalanche

EXT rear bumper cover Empty
PostSubject: EXT rear bumper cover   EXT rear bumper cover I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 5:39 pm

Well I finally pulled the trigger on this one. I found a EXT rear clip for 60$ or best offer, as a joke I put 20$ as a bid and I get it. Shocked . So I had her painted and I took off the rear plastic on the stock bumper and just slapped her on. The only problems were 1). the EXT plastic top step pads had to be trimmed to accodimate my Line of fire.(The stock ones are 1/8th inch higher).2). the stock location for the EXT back up sensors were larger than mine so I made a trim ring to install behind the stock EXT location and made a smaller hole for mine. Other than that she turned out pretty good.#7 Cool
EXT rear bumper cover Rear_o10
EXT rear bumper cover Rearbu10
EXT rear bumper cover Rearbu11
EXT rear bumper cover Rearbu12
Back to top Go down
Chevzilla AV
Chevzilla AV

PostSubject: Re: EXT rear bumper cover   EXT rear bumper cover I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 7:52 pm

I was wondering if this was possible scratch I'm starting to dislike the rear bumber on mine and have been eye-balling an EXT bumber cover.
Back to top Go down
OLD NO.7 Avalanche
Admin
Admin
OLD NO.7 Avalanche

PostSubject: Re: EXT rear bumper cover   EXT rear bumper cover I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 7:15 am

Hey Nick.
you can even pull the 07 and up AV's bumpers cover. What you do is pull the Plastic off the rear bumper (so all your gonna have is the chrome). when you apply the cover it will lay right over the bumper. The New step pads fit right in the existing holes.
One thing to note is on either side of our stock bumpers (lower corners).There are 2 push clips. when you reapply them on the new cover you need to reverse them (upside down).as the newer covers the holes are recessed.#7
Back to top Go down
Enkei

Enkei

PostSubject: Re: EXT rear bumper cover   EXT rear bumper cover I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 9:32 am

Don't get any idea's Nick at the next OCC GTG....LOL... Anyway looks good Franky...

I drove through your neck of the woods yesterday....
Back to top Go down
AvyPrncss
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EXT rear bumper cover   EXT rear bumper cover I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 10:01 am

Looking good frankie
Back to top Go down
http://www.northeastavalanches.com
Chevzilla AV
Chevzilla AV

PostSubject: Re: EXT rear bumper cover   EXT rear bumper cover I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 10:02 am

The only thing I would have to worry about is the way my exhaust comes out the rear. My pipes are about an inch from the bottom of the bumber. Might have to start looking around for a cover I think and see if it would sit lower than the stock bumber.
Back to top Go down
OLD NO.7 Avalanche
Admin
Admin
OLD NO.7 Avalanche

PostSubject: Re: EXT rear bumper cover   EXT rear bumper cover I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 2:07 pm

Thanks.
I'll take a pic with how far lower the bumper is later today. I think it is about an inch lower but I'll check. (I'm in the process of putting in my Stage 2 Snow kitEXT rear bumper cover Lhdevi10).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EXT rear bumper cover   EXT rear bumper cover I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EXT rear bumper cover
Page 1 of 1