North East Avalanches
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

North East Avalanches

A place for all Avalanche/EXT Lovers in the northeast to connect and talk trucks.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Blizzard of '09

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AvyPrncss
Admin
Admin

Blizzard of '09 Empty
PostSubject: Blizzard of '09   Blizzard of '09 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 11:18 pm

So its official. I hate Verizon. Today I get to work only to find out there is like NO parking. So I do as any good Av drive would and park on a snow drift in the parking lot since little cars couldnt make it. And then I proceed to start walking towards my office when my feet decided to go out from under me and i fell flat on my back. As if I don't have enough back pain with my shoulder injury. Our entire parking lot was one giant sheet of ice. I had to fill out an accident report just in case it gets worse. I went to the Dr. tonight and he said I probably sprained it and if it still hurts in 2 weeks to go back. Tomorrow I am hoping that I will be able to walk because i have to finish Christmas shopping. Other then that My brother and I had a blast with the blizzard. First we took the truck out to play in the snow behind the flea market and then we got to play your friendly neighborhood rescue team. There were a couple of little cars that were stuck so we helped pull them out of the snow and then on the way home we both got a HUGE laugh. We were driving by a church a few blocks from my house and what do we see... an EXT Stuck on a snow drift which happened to be on top of a parking block. So my brother and I recognized the truck so we drove around the block to the house that owned the EXT. As we pull up the guy is outside shoveling his driveway so my brother rolls down the window and was like "You own an escalade right?" the guys like "Yeah" So my brothers like "is it the one stuck at the white church" The guy goes "Is it stuck? I guess I should go call them." and then like 45 minutes later as we are driving past it again we see the guy standing there with a tow truck and a fire dept SUX with a plow on it at the white church trying to get his truck out. Our theory is that he was so embarassed he got the truck stuck he was just playing dumb because we drove past it a few times in the 45 minutes between telling the guy and seeing him there and not once was there a driver with the truck. So naturally we got a kick out of it. We also saw a car that somehow managed to get itself so stuck on a snow drift that all four tires were off the ground. Now that takes skill if I do say so myself. How did everyone else enjoy the blizzard?

Oh and one last note. I found out my son HATES the snow. He got a few flakes on his glove and FREAKED out like crazy. But he was pretty cute before that. I was shoveling our walkway and he waas standing behind me as I was doing it. Then he decided he was going to go sit on the snow that was on the side of the walkway. I guess he thought that it was going to be hard like our front stoop. SO he backs up goes to sit on it and fell in. It was quite adorable.
Back to top Go down
http://www.northeastavalanches.com
jim260z

jim260z

Blizzard of '09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blizzard of '09   Blizzard of '09 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 8:08 am

Yeah that parking lot really does suck. Lisa said the two AV's looked good next to each other. She said a bunch of people fell yesterday and that they did a really crappy job of plowing the lot. She was hoping she could have been one of those people that fell.

Hey if u see her tomorrow in the lot push,trip or knock her on her ass. And when she ask's why u did it. You can tell her "your husband said that's what u wanted" Very Happy

AS far as the snow goes. I love it. BY no means am I winter person. But I love the snow. I always tell people, "Don't give me 2 or 3 inches that just makes a mess. I have to go to work, my daughter has to go to school. Give me 2 or 3 feet.

I love using my snow blower. I have had it since I was 13yrs old. I bought it with my paper route money which I had saved for a really loooong time. It's a good one and still works like a champ. I had that thing payed off that winter after 2 major snow storms. I would drag that thing around everywhere and I still do.
So if any one on LI ever needs help. Let me know,. Have a AV/snowblower will travel for some hot chocolate. bounce
Back to top Go down
http://foofighterstribute.com
AvyPrncss
Admin
Admin

Blizzard of '09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blizzard of '09   Blizzard of '09 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 10:25 am

jim260z wrote:
Yeah that parking lot really does suck. Lisa said the two AV's looked good next to each other. She said a bunch of people fell yesterday and that they did a really crappy job of plowing the lot. She was hoping she could have been one of those people that fell.

Hey if u see her tomorrow in the lot push,trip or knock her on her ass. And when she ask's why u did it. You can tell her "your husband said that's what u wanted" Very Happy

AS far as the snow goes. I love it. BY no means am I winter person. But I love the snow. I always tell people, "Don't give me 2 or 3 inches that just makes a mess. I have to go to work, my daughter has to go to school. Give me 2 or 3 feet.

I love using my snow blower. I have had it since I was 13yrs old. I bought it with my paper route money which I had saved for a really loooong time. It's a good one and still works like a champ. I had that thing payed off that winter after 2 major snow storms. I would drag that thing around everywhere and I still do.
So if any one on LI ever needs help. Let me know,. Have a AV/snowblower will travel for some hot chocolate. bounce

Now you tell me! You couldnt have said that this past weekend.
Back to top Go down
jim260z

jim260z

Blizzard of '09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blizzard of '09   Blizzard of '09 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 10:20 pm

well now u know for next time Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://foofighterstribute.com
AvyPrncss
Admin
Admin

Blizzard of '09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blizzard of '09   Blizzard of '09 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 1:40 am

Oh believe me next snow storm you will be the first one I call. My brother said he would even go get the water from the french alps for your hot chocolate and if you wanted milk hed get the cow. LOL
Back to top Go down
Enkei

Enkei

Blizzard of '09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blizzard of '09   Blizzard of '09 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 12:56 pm

Hey you know the rules..... We need pics.......
Back to top Go down
AvyPrncss
Admin
Admin

Blizzard of '09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blizzard of '09   Blizzard of '09 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 8:58 am

jim260z wrote:
well now u know for next time Very Happy

Well its next time you coming over? LOL.
Back to top Go down
OLD NO.7 Avalanche
Admin
Admin
OLD NO.7 Avalanche

Blizzard of '09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blizzard of '09   Blizzard of '09 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 9:22 am

Well It's official.. Staten Island got hit the hardest of the 5Boros..
22 inches of snow...
DiD I ever tell you guys How much I Hate Snow!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Blizzard of '09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blizzard of '09   Blizzard of '09 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blizzard of '09
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
North East Avalanches :: Mud Bogs :: Current Events-
Jump to: