North East Avalanches
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

North East Avalanches

A place for all Avalanche/EXT Lovers in the northeast to connect and talk trucks.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hey, From Bellmore, Long Island

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jim260z

jim260z

Hey, From Bellmore, Long Island Empty
PostSubject: Hey, From Bellmore, Long Island   Hey, From Bellmore, Long Island I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 10:46 pm

Hi,

My name is Jim and I have an 04 AV. It is the first new vehicle I have bought since I have been driving(20yrs) affraid .
It has been good to me for the past 5yrs. Its has been my car hauler up and down the east coast and mid west towing my race car. No mechanical problems, knock on wood.

Body work is a different story. Thanks to my wife Lisa. I had the Pleasure of meeting Crystal today in the Verizon parking lot. She had turned me onto This web site. she was really nice and here AV looked awesome. She also gave me some really good info. Thanks Crystal. You will be hearing from me.

As for mods, not much really. I have a billet grill. That's it. I have a laundry list of things to do. But unfortunately I have to put family/bills first and then there is my cars. I am a Datsun/Nissan Z car guy and I am VP of our local club.(please don't hold any of that against me)
Laughing

Hope to get to know more of u in the future.
Back to top Go down
http://foofighterstribute.com
AvyPrncss
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hey, From Bellmore, Long Island   Hey, From Bellmore, Long Island I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 11:47 pm

jim260z wrote:
Hi,

My name is Jim and I have an 04 AV. It is the first new vehicle I have bought since I have been driving(20yrs) affraid .
It has been good to me for the past 5yrs. Its has been my car hauler up and down the east coast and mid west towing my race car. No mechanical problems, knock on wood.

Body work is a different story. Thanks to my wife Lisa. I had the Pleasure of meeting Crystal today in the Verizon parking lot. She had turned me onto This web site. she was really nice and here AV looked awesome. She also gave me some really good info. Thanks Crystal. You will be hearing from me.

As for mods, not much really. I have a billet grill. That's it. I have a laundry list of things to do. But unfortunately I have to put family/bills first and then there is my cars. I am a Datsun/Nissan Z car guy and I am VP of our local club.(please don't hold any of that against me)
Laughing

Hope to get to know more of u in the future.

Hey Jim.. It was great meeting you today. Hopefully next time its under better circumstances. And the body work isn't really thanks to Lisa... You can Thank Verrizon parking lot for that. That was the 4th accident this month in that parking lot. The 2d involving an avalanche. Mine was one month ago to the day. Tell Lisa I already spoke to the union rep upstairs about it too. And again if you guys need anything or help let me know. I look forward to seeing you at some GTG soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.northeastavalanches.com
Troublemaker

PostSubject: Re: Hey, From Bellmore, Long Island   Hey, From Bellmore, Long Island I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 12:21 am

Welcome Jim - all the way from NJ! :-)

Be sure to install Amber colored DRL's so we can spot ya on the road!

They're only $10 or so at the local auto store! A nice, cheap MOD!
Back to top Go down
jim260z

jim260z

PostSubject: Re: Hey, From Bellmore, Long Island   Hey, From Bellmore, Long Island I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 9:09 am

Thanks for the warm welcome. Oh yeah the other silly mods I did was install bug shield , window vent visors and water proof seat covers with the bowtie emblem that look half way decent.

the amber drls would be nice as well as the cold air intake I saw on crystals truck

I really like the way her wheels came out, I wonder if she would mind me biting off her. don't know how she would feel about seeing another AV in the same parking lot with the same wheels Very Happy

And the list goes on and on and on and on
Back to top Go down
AvyPrncss
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hey, From Bellmore, Long Island   Hey, From Bellmore, Long Island I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 9:35 am

When it gets warmer out if you want I will come help you with the wheels. I think it would be pretty funny. especially if the union actually gets reserved parking for the trucks... The DRLs are really easy to do. I have mine always on and amber. Most of us have that so that we can spot other members on the road. Glad to see you on here and we'll be in touch.
Back to top Go down
OLD NO.7 Avalanche
Admin
Admin
OLD NO.7 Avalanche

PostSubject: Re: Hey, From Bellmore, Long Island   Hey, From Bellmore, Long Island I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 9:03 pm

Welcome to the club Jim. we are all here to help, so any questions don't hesisitate to ask, just remember with these trucks you can go from Mild to Wild. It all depends how far ya want to go and/or how much ya want to spend. Hope to see you at a GTG soon.#7
Back to top Go down
Troublemaker

PostSubject: Re: Hey, From Bellmore, Long Island   Hey, From Bellmore, Long Island I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 9:45 pm

Not really how much you "want" to spend... it's how much you "can afford" to spend (or how much your wife will let you spend...) Hey, From Bellmore, Long Island Icon_cool
Back to top Go down
AvyPrncss
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hey, From Bellmore, Long Island   Hey, From Bellmore, Long Island I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 11:15 pm

Troublemaker wrote:
Not really how much you "want" to spend... it's how much you "can afford" to spend (or how much your wife will let you spend...) Hey, From Bellmore, Long Island Icon_cool

I second that... LOL (minus the wife part)
Back to top Go down
Troublemaker

PostSubject: Re: Hey, From Bellmore, Long Island   Hey, From Bellmore, Long Island I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 1:02 am

avyprncss wrote:
Troublemaker wrote:

Well, you ARE the wife (or soon-to-be), so you control the MOD money!
Back to top Go down
jim260z

jim260z

PostSubject: Re: Hey, From Bellmore, Long Island   Hey, From Bellmore, Long Island I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 10:58 am

I hear ya. My wife Lisa is pretty good about it all. Since she drives the truck she would not mind any MOD's. It's me I have to worry about, once I get into a project it tends to snowball. To the point I for get about the mortgage. Twisted Evil

what I really need to to is set up a fund for my wife every time she wrecks the truck LOL..
Back to top Go down
OLD NO.7 Avalanche
Admin
Admin
OLD NO.7 Avalanche

PostSubject: Re: Hey, From Bellmore, Long Island   Hey, From Bellmore, Long Island I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 12:00 pm

Be careful cause you can definetly snowball.. Just an example... Twisted Evil
Hey, From Bellmore, Long Island My_sto10

Hey, From Bellmore, Long Island My_av10
Back to top Go down
jim260z

jim260z

PostSubject: Re: Hey, From Bellmore, Long Island   Hey, From Bellmore, Long Island I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 7:22 pm

if that's the before and after. then that is totally insane and very sweet. I can only imagine what is underneath and inside.
very cool.
I would have to hit lotto or a very rich santa
Back to top Go down
AvyPrncss
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hey, From Bellmore, Long Island   Hey, From Bellmore, Long Island I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 9:43 pm

Troublemaker wrote:
avyprncss wrote:
Troublemaker wrote:

Well, you ARE the wife (or soon-to-be), so you control the MOD money!

Yeah thats true but he actually has to reign me in with the MOD money or we would never have money....
Back to top Go down
OLD NO.7 Avalanche
Admin
Admin
OLD NO.7 Avalanche

PostSubject: Re: Hey, From Bellmore, Long Island   Hey, From Bellmore, Long Island I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 12:39 pm

When we GTG, I'll be more than happy to show it off. (start: 275h.p 5.3L/ finish: 500h.p 6.0L supercharged). feel free to check out my photo gallery. I did the entire truck so any questions, I'll be more than happy to explain. Very Happy . I know we have a Conn. GTG at the Monster Garage (I gotta get the Address) but it's this weekend. santa #7
Back to top Go down
jim260z

jim260z

PostSubject: Re: Hey, From Bellmore, Long Island   Hey, From Bellmore, Long Island I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 6:21 pm

Please forgive me for asking a really stupid question.

But what does GTG stand for.

What day is the meet this weekend.

BTW, I have to replace the tires on my truck since my wife cut down one of the tires. And since I really liked the way Crystal's tires looked. I went on to tirerack and read the reviews that people were giving on them and everyone seemed really happy with them so I am having a set installed tomorrow. Hope I can see another 59,000 mile on this set. Fingers crossed Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Troublemaker

PostSubject: Re: Hey, From Bellmore, Long Island   Hey, From Bellmore, Long Island I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 8:34 pm

GTG = "Get Together" (aka "meet" as you call it! :-) )

The one this weekend is up in CT at a place known as the "Monster Garage". Personally, I've only been there once, but not for a holiday party. Don't know how intense the holiday parties are, but the TM clan will be there (me & the family)

If you can make it, I'm sure everyone else won't mind showing off their MODS!
Back to top Go down
jim260z

jim260z

PostSubject: Re: Hey, From Bellmore, Long Island   Hey, From Bellmore, Long Island I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 11:49 am

I'm such a dumb ass Laughing
Back to top Go down
jim260z

jim260z

PostSubject: Re: Hey, From Bellmore, Long Island   Hey, From Bellmore, Long Island I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 6:53 pm

if my avatar offends anyone please let me know and I will change it.

I had another photo in mind but I can't figure out how to shrink it
so it fits. none of my programs seem to work
Back to top Go down
Troublemaker

PostSubject: Re: Hey, From Bellmore, Long Island   Hey, From Bellmore, Long Island I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 8:47 pm

I like the avatar... wish my wife would let me use one like it!

If you really want to change it, I believe MS paint will work. Just open the pic, choose "resize" and enter a pixel size or percentage to reduce the pic, then re-save it.
Back to top Go down
jim260z

jim260z

PostSubject: Re: Hey, From Bellmore, Long Island   Hey, From Bellmore, Long Island I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 9:05 pm

When i try opening it with MS paint it says Not valid bitmap file or format not currently supported.

When I try using MS photo editor it say image to large( too many bites)
I want to tell it to bit me
Back to top Go down
Troublemaker

PostSubject: Re: Hey, From Bellmore, Long Island   Hey, From Bellmore, Long Island I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 10:31 pm

if you right-click on it and go to properties, what does it say for the file size? photo editor should be able to open 4mb files, at least (did this when creating the AV Ladies Calendar this year)
Back to top Go down
Waz

PostSubject: Re: Hey, From Bellmore, Long Island   Hey, From Bellmore, Long Island I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 10:36 am

There's a free photo editing program that's pretty good.

Paint.net

That should work with most image formats.

I'd give you a link but, I don't have much time during work and we're in the middle of today "emergency". That means if the boss sees me not making the changes I'll be,,,, stopping everything I'm doing at any second.

Edit: OK, Lunch time. Here's a link getpaint.net

Last edited by Waz on Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jim260z

jim260z

PostSubject: Re: Hey, From Bellmore, Long Island   Hey, From Bellmore, Long Island I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 9:01 pm

thanks Waz.

TM, the file size is 9.08 MB (9,529,688 bytes). This was from a photographer at sebring
Back to top Go down
Troublemaker

PostSubject: Re: Hey, From Bellmore, Long Island   Hey, From Bellmore, Long Island I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 9:32 pm

Jim, if you have an hour or so (and a broadband connection), you can download a 30-day trial of Adobe Photoshop, which will handle the large files with no problem. It's an 800+ mb download...
Back to top Go down
jim260z

jim260z

PostSubject: Re: Hey, From Bellmore, Long Island   Hey, From Bellmore, Long Island I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 9:00 am

Paint net worked great. I also found a great image converter.

Hopefully my last question. I noticed that everyone here is able to get photos of there AV's with out having to use a link. I have used the icon for hosting an image. But could only use there link.

Is there an easy way for this moron to get the photo in here with out using a link to view the photo. i belong to other forums and never had a problem like this.

sorry for the headache.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey, From Bellmore, Long Island   Hey, From Bellmore, Long Island I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hey, From Bellmore, Long Island
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
North East Avalanches :: New Members :: Introductions-
Jump to: