North East Avalanches

A place for all Avalanche/EXT Lovers in the northeast to connect and talk trucks.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Silverstar Ultra's

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Troublemaker

PostSubject: Silverstar Ultra's   Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:32 pm

I just installed a set of Silverstar Ultra's for my low beams. They are brighter than the stock bulbs, but still dim while driving because I also have the black-out headlight covers.

Since I can't put HID's on my high beams, I might just exchange the lowbeam bulbs for some highbeam ones, and get HID's for the lows...

Sorry, I didn't take pics, but if you've installed DRL's, this is the same process, except on the headlight instead of the DRL assembly...
Back to top Go down
Chevzilla AV

PostSubject: Re: Silverstar Ultra's   Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:53 pm

I have Silverstar's in the hi, low, and fogs at the moment. I haven't upgraded to the ultras yet. There is a definite difference in having the Silverstars. You don't notice it until your the only one on the road with no street lights.

Back to top Go down
Troublemaker

PostSubject: Re: Silverstar Ultra's   Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:16 pm

Yeah, I can notice a difference with the ultra's compared to stock, but I'm still plagued by the headlight covers, which cancel out most of the brightness.

Gonna have to go with the 9005's for Highs, and HID's for lows... and if that doesn't work, put the headlight covers up for sale... Sad
Back to top Go down
OLD NO.7 Avalanche
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Silverstar Ultra's   Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:23 pm

I just realized what you said as far as not putting H.I.D's in the High beams. Is it because of NJ DMV laws or just personal preference, cause if it is just preference.The delay isn't bad (I can show you on mine). if it's DMV then I understand.#7

Horsepower is the force that determines at what speed you hit the wall, torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it.#7
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silverstar Ultra's   

Back to top Go down

Silverstar Ultra's
Page 1 of 1