North East Avalanches
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

North East Avalanches

A place for all Avalanche/EXT Lovers in the northeast to connect and talk trucks.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Silverstar Ultra's

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublemaker

Silverstar Ultra's Empty
PostSubject: Silverstar Ultra's   Silverstar Ultra's I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 6:32 pm

I just installed a set of Silverstar Ultra's for my low beams. They are brighter than the stock bulbs, but still dim while driving because I also have the black-out headlight covers.

Since I can't put HID's on my high beams, I might just exchange the lowbeam bulbs for some highbeam ones, and get HID's for the lows...

Sorry, I didn't take pics, but if you've installed DRL's, this is the same process, except on the headlight instead of the DRL assembly...
Back to top Go down
Chevzilla AV
Chevzilla AV

Silverstar Ultra's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silverstar Ultra's   Silverstar Ultra's I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 3:53 pm

I have Silverstar's in the hi, low, and fogs at the moment. I haven't upgraded to the ultras yet. There is a definite difference in having the Silverstars. You don't notice it until your the only one on the road with no street lights.
Back to top Go down
Troublemaker

Silverstar Ultra's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silverstar Ultra's   Silverstar Ultra's I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 7:16 pm

Yeah, I can notice a difference with the ultra's compared to stock, but I'm still plagued by the headlight covers, which cancel out most of the brightness.

Gonna have to go with the 9005's for Highs, and HID's for lows... and if that doesn't work, put the headlight covers up for sale... Sad
Back to top Go down
OLD NO.7 Avalanche
Admin
Admin
OLD NO.7 Avalanche

Silverstar Ultra's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silverstar Ultra's   Silverstar Ultra's I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 10:23 pm

I just realized what you said as far as not putting H.I.D's in the High beams. Is it because of NJ DMV laws or just personal preference, cause if it is just preference.The delay isn't bad (I can show you on mine). if it's DMV then I understand.#7
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Silverstar Ultra's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silverstar Ultra's   Silverstar Ultra's I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Silverstar Ultra's
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
North East Avalanches :: Garage :: Avalanche Mods-
Jump to: