North East Avalanches

A place for all Avalanche/EXT Lovers in the northeast to connect and talk trucks.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Tire Balance

Go down 
AuthorMessage
05Guy

PostSubject: Tire Balance   Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:40 pm

It dosen't matter what tires I use Cooper. Falken's and for the last month bridgstones, 20 inch just vibrate some what I have spent over 500.00 in balancing and still have a a slight problem, I ordered a Stablizer shock if that don't work its back to the 17,,, Fk it, also they have been road forced, 3 different shops. John Bean lazer balance
still the same

Back to top Go down
Enkei

PostSubject: Re: Tire Balance   Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:17 pm

Check the inner rim for dirt, greese or a missing tire weight. When ever I clean the truck I wash the inner rim good.. other then that how about the tie rods? how many miles on the truck?

What kind of shop did you take it to? A Goodyear/Sears ? Take it to a GOOD shop that does nothing but front ends..
Back to top Go down
05Guy

PostSubject: Re: Tire Balance   Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:12 pm

Thank but its not dirt,, I've been to 3 different good years, with Hunter Road force balance machine's, Firestone, a big tire shop in Huntington, and two other shops that had brand new John Bean units, with all these lazer lights, The rims I have on came from Ramp chevy, that were going out of bussiness, I brought 2 different sets,, mind you these rims are fitment rims made for our trucks, I set of coopers , 1 set of Falkens, and now these Bridgestone's ,, this morning I went to goodyear told them check out, ball joints, tie rods, center link, everything even the drive shaft,rotors, everything is perfect.
I did order that Steering stabilizer my truck doesn't have one, and I'll see if that stops what I feel ,,if not OEM's back on,, I have grand new triple treads on them,,, so thats the story,,,,,
Back to top Go down
Enkei

PostSubject: Re: Tire Balance   Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:18 pm

Stay away from Firestones,Goodyears and Sears.. They all hire back yard workers who are NOT trained the right way..They can have the best stuff and still not know how to use it right.. I've seen it TOO many times. This is why shows like 20/20 and other ones tell you the same thing... it could also be the balance on the front CV's. I've seen that before..

Can you find someone you know with the same truck and you two switch tires and rims for a hour.. Does not take long to do but see what happens after that.. Hell if you want to take a ride out to me I'll do it...
Back to top Go down
05Guy

PostSubject: Re: Tire Balance   Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:17 pm

I'm going to check out the cv join, the one goodyear they have the same guys working there for a long time, who knows Might be back to the 17'ns
Back to top Go down
Enkei

PostSubject: Re: Tire Balance   Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:45 pm

Just find someone you can change wheels with for a little bit.. see how that is.. If it still shakes then it's not the wheels..
Back to top Go down
KevMack
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tire Balance   Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:43 am

check your shocks. If your front shocks are worn out it could be doing it. Also one of your rims could be warped. Did you hit a curb or anything?

PostSubject: Re: Tire Balance   

Back to top Go down

Tire Balance
Page 1 of 1